In popular science (and in teaching as well) I try to stimulate the physical intuition, and close the gap between the scientific approach and daily life. In my conferences, I try to explain the role physics plays in debates regarding for instance nuclear power, space tourism, ethics of scientific research, or biophysical limits of our planet. Below are some examples ; for more details see the french page.
- 6-minutes professional movie, presenting our foam flow experiment, entitled: "The solidity of liquid foams" (around 280 Mega) [Ctrl-click here to download it] (english subtitles), by Univ. Grenoble (2003)
- Soap bubbles and soap curtains for schools, science museums, science festivals, and for international year of Physics 2005.
See for instance: P. Ballet, F. Graner
"Giant soap curtains for public presentations"
Eur. J. Phys. 27, 951-967 (2006).
- Physics of daily life; see for instance "Search, find, play"
- Articles regarding the scientific approach or scientific community
- Popular science writings regarding my own works
- TV and radio
- Conferences for broad audience: on foams, on biological morphogenesis, on physics of daily life
- Art and science: co-founder of an association, co-organiser of art-science congresses ([Ctrl-click here to download the output]), scientific advisor for performances in music, dance, theater